Sunday, March 25, 2007

March Wind

It's March, and the wind is blowing.

Grasses bow in humble homage.
A water fountain waves a wild spray of rainbow.
Flags flap at attention.
One small bird careens from treetop to treetop as if drunk,
And my hair does calisthenics.

It's March, and the wind is blowing.

For He [God] looks to the ends of the earth,
And sees under the whole heavens,
To establish a weight for the wind,
And apportion the waters by measure.

--Job 28:24-25, NKJV

Note: This was written on March 1, which was very windy, then revised tonight. It's calm tonight, but this is our windy month, and it's not over yet. As a child, I lived in Kansas. There's lots of wind there, so I came to like the wind a lot. A windy day invigorates me, while it frustrate many people around me. When the wind blows, I think of freshness and a happy childhood and open spaces and riding my bicycle into the wind.

No comments: