Thursday, March 15, 2007

Stable and Surprising


Heavenly Father,
      God of stability,
      God of surprises,
      All of your works declare your excellence.

I trust in your mercies,
      Ever the same,
      Ever new.
      I never reach the end of you.

Make me like you,
      Steady, dependable,
      Outlandishly creative,
      So I'll reflect glory back to you.

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;
      they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

--Lamentations 3:22, 23 ESV

2 comments:

BunnyGirl said...

Very cool Jim, great pics and I sense the wistfulness in the writing, something I often feel so thanks for capturing that so beautifully.

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks for the comment. I think all of the photos I've used so far are from my cell phone. I then download them and edit them. This one was a basic fountain in a pool; I then modified the colors.

As for wistful...yes, I'm sometimes wistful. That can be good, since we long for a heavenly home where we have not yet been.

I used to go beyond wistful to depressed, before getting medicated. Maybe that's a future post.