Sunday, March 16, 2008

Beautiful Feet



Feet of challenge and of grace,
Feet that reach the farthest place...
Feet bring news of life in Christ;
Feet bring hope without a price.

Feet are beautiful when used
For the work the Lord would choose...
Feet of love for men in sin
Finding them to bring them in.

How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the herald, who proclaims peace, who brings news of good things, who proclaims salvation, who says to Zion, "Your God reigns!"
--Isaiah 52:7

Note: The sunlight in this picture is not a Photoshop trick. I did, however, turn the photo 90 degrees to make the foot appear to be walking.

2 comments:

Myra said...

So, explain this photo to me. What is the light source? It is really a cool shot.

The poem is very nice. I want to be a witness to others.

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks, Myra, for the comment. I was at church on Wednesday night, sitting in the foyer because I was on call for work. Sunlight was streaming through the entry doors and the windows around them. My legs were crossed; for some reason I decided to take a cell-phone picture of my shoe. As I aimed the phone, I saw the stream of sunlight in the corner of the image. I liked it, so moved the phone slightly to optimize that effect and took the picture. I think I then used Picasa's "I'm feeling lucky" button to adjust the over-all brightness/darkness. I rotated the photo 90 degrees to make the foot look like it was walking.