Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Limited Loaves, Wild Wind

Jesus took a few loaves
And blessed them
And broke them
And fed 5000 men.

Hours passed...
His disciples were in a boat,
In the middle of the night
In the middle of the lake,
Buffeted and rowing hard
Against the wind,
And Jesus came to them,
Walking on the water.

He spoke to their fears
And got into the boat
And the wind stopped.

Today, my resources may be limited
And the winds and the waves may be against me,
But that same Jesus is my Lord,
And his resources are unlimited.

    They were completely astounded,
    because they did not understand about the loaves.
    Instead, their hearts were hardened.

    --From Mark 6:51-52, HCSB

Prayer: Father, give us us hearts that are tender to you, and give us deep confidence in your holy Son.

2 comments:

C. Marie Byars said...

I tried to post a comment earlier, but I don't think it "took". Thanks for visiting my site. And thanks for linking me. I'll try & get yours linked when I get another burst of intense "computering" going. I take it you're some sort of Lutheran, perhaps, by the Reformation link? Take care & God bless!!!

Jim Swindle said...

Actually, I'm a member of a Southern Baptist church of the Calvinistic variety.

Our church is greatly blessed to have a pastor who's remarkable at teaching the word. His sermons are available at http://www.foundersbaptist.org. You click on Ministries, then Media Ministries, then Sermons on the Web.

Over the years my wife and I have lived in various states and have been members of churches of several denominations and have visited churches of yet others. We've learned something from most of them.

I believe sound Christians can disagree on many things, but must agree on the things that separate the Church from heretics.