Monday, March 24, 2008

Worry

Stephen Altrogge has a post with an amazing insight.
When I worry, I’m imagining a future apart from the grace of God.

I suspect that chronic, debilitating worry can have a chemical component, but surely even a chronic worrier would be helped by this insight.

Are you worried right now? If so, take your greatest worry and plop God's grace right down in the middle of that imagined situation. Then think of Psalm 56:9-11.
...This I know: God is for me.
In God, whose word I praise, in the LORD, whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

2 comments:

Stephen Altrogge said...

Jim,

Thanks so much for your kind link to our blog. I'm glad you found the post helpful. I'm glad God used Ed Welch to speak to me, to speak to you!

Myra said...

Worry. Concern. Confusion. I just need to trust God.