Monday, April 28, 2008

Repentance - Christian Poem



Purge me, Lord, without, within.
I'm sick of self and sick of sin,
Sick of turning my own way,
Of finding night instead of day.

You alone can make me clean,
Can fill me up with good unseen.
Make me pure in all I do
So all my ways will shine for you.


Wash away my guilt, and cleanse me from my sin.
--Psalm 51:2, HCSB

...how much more will the blood of the Messiah, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse our consciences from dead works to serve the living God?
--Hebrews 9:14, HCSB

3 comments:

C. Marie Byars said...

Hello. Just returned from vacation in St. Louis. Groucho Marx once quipped, "You don't have to have relatives in St. Louis to be miserable." Well, it was actually pleasant & beautiful, but that climate is bad for my asthma. Hope you're doing okay.

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks for the comment. I actually do have relatives in the St. Louis area, but don't recall ever being miserable in St. Louis, except for when I was there seeing my brother off as he headed to the Viet Nam war as an unarmed medic. (Yes, he survived.)

C. Marie Byars said...

Thanks for visiting my site. Left an answer over there. Yeah, Viet Nam---good thing he got back. We had a guy at church (who had been a sharpshooter!!) who was sent off to Viet Nam as an unarmed medic & came back as a one-armed civilian. We currently have another former medic from that time who is now becoming a nurse. I constantly pray that we might be able to wrap things up in our current conflicts. We need Divine help, for sure, in our current world affairs.