Saturday, May 03, 2008

Dreams - Christian Poem



The dreams were planted deep inside
Her tender childhood heart,
With princes...castles...loving deeds
In which she took a part.

The dreams were broken, one by one,
By cimcumstance and life,
Through headaches...heartaches...selfish deeds
And never-ending strife.

But Jesus gave her dreams once more
Within her grown-up heart,
With heaven...hope...eternal deeds
In which she owned a part.

She lives, they say, in poverty,
Outside the fast-paced roads,
But Jesus' dreams are now her own.
She lifts up people's loads.

"Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
--Matthew 11:28-30 HCSB

2 comments:

ricbooth said...

This poem is extremely encouraging Jim! I love the phrase "Jesus' dreams." And the picture of a trailer park adds to the power.

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks, Ric.