Sunday, May 04, 2008

Suitable for Salvation



If you're broken, wounded,
    sinful, sick,
        blind and spiritually dead,
You're just the sort of man or woman
    the Lord can use for his glory.

If you think that in yourself you're whole, strong,
    clean, healthy,
        peceptive and spiritually alive,
You're dead and don't know it,
    a spiritual zombie heading toward judgment.

...Jesus...said to them, "Healthy people don't need a doctor; those who are sick do. I've come to call sinners, not people who think they have God's approval."
--Mark 2:17, God's Word

Note: The photo of a rusty dumpster somehow seemed appropriate for this post. Some people see that they deserve to be in the dumpster, but are saved by Jesus. Others are sure they deserve much better, but end up in the eternal dumpster.

2 comments:

CHARLAX said...

pray for me swindle
my health is the devil
he is in my chest killing me
and my life is over

Jim Swindle said...

I'm praying for you now, Charles. (Sorry, it took me this long to see your note.)

Hang on to truth. If you are truly trusting Jesus, then your life is never over.

I'm concerned about your mental health, as well as your spiritual health and your physical health. Have the doctors told you to take some medicine in order to be more healthy? If so, please consider taking it. I need medicine in order to stay emotionally balanced, so I take it.

Again, hang on to truth...such verses as these:

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is he who is in you than he who is in the world. --1 John 4:4

...But resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. --James 4:7-8

"Peace I leave with you. My peace I give unto you. Not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."
--Jesus, in John 14:27

I'm confident that others will see your note also and will pray for you, though they may not leave comments.

Father in heaven, please work in Charles. Give him firm faith in your son Jesus and peace in your promises. Forgive him and us for our many sins; forgive us because Jesus died for sinner and rose again. Work in Charles's body, improving his health, if it may be. Protect him spiritually and physically and emotionally. Use your church to love him. Deliver him from the enemy. Open Charles's spiritual eyes, that he may see that no one who truly trusts Jesus is ever alone. Thank you that you always hear our prayers. Answer this one in whatever way you see fit. And Father, while praying for him, I'd pray for hundreds of others like him. You know where they are and who they are, even though I don't. Work in a number of them, because of our prayers and because of your grace through Jesus Christ. Amen.