Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Just Shall Live By Faith - Christian poem


I will stand at my guard post and station myself on the lookout tower. I will watch to see what He will say to me and what I should reply about my complaint.
The LORD answered me:
...
The righteous one will live by his faith.


--Habakkuk 2:1-2,4, HCSB

As your prophet, I can watch
For the answer you supply.
As your servant, I can wait
For the time of your reply.

Looking, waiting...scan around...
Listen sharply...open ear...
I can monitor each sound
'Til at last I know you're near.

Then, whatever word you give
Will be good...You're giving one:
Truly now the just shall live
By their faith through my own Son.

Note: Habakkuk's message that the just shall live by faith is quoted in the New Testament in Romans (1:17), in Galatians (3:11) and in Hebrews (10:38). It's the message that freed Martin Luther's spirit and started the Protestant reformation. Thank God for the freedom that comes when we realize that we can be justified by faith, not by our works.

No comments: