Tuesday, July 01, 2008

My Native Land - A Poem

Note to my readers from outside the USA: Please don't skip this one. Imagine that the photo has your own flag on it.



I love my native land--
Its beauty and its health,
Its freshness and its wealth
All given by God's hand.

And yet my heart will long
For something yet ahead:
For rising from the dead
Where God is all the song.

My land's been good to me.
We've prospered and we've grown
Past all we'd hoped or known,
But yet...Eternity!

To be forever free--
All clean without, within,
Near God, with no more sin,
That's where I long to be.

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
--Philippians 1:21, ESV

We, however, are citizens of heaven. We look forward to the Lord Jesus Christ coming from heaven as our Savior.
Through his power to bring everything under his authority, he will change our humble bodies and make them like his glorified body.

--Philippians 3:20-21, God's Word

No comments: