Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Rain of Living - Christian Poem



Thank you, Lord, for rain of living
Joyful steady drops you're giving
Drops that nourish, cleanse, refresh
Mercy upon land and flesh

Fresh us with your Spirit, too,
Wake down deep with thought of you
Thus you nurture spirit, soul
Body - by grace-rain made whole

Listen, heaven, and I will speak. Earth, hear the words from my mouth.
Let my teachings come down like raindrops. Let my words drip like dew, like gentle rain on grass, like showers on green plants.
I will proclaim the name of the LORD. Give our God the greatness he deserves!

--Deuteronomy 32:1-3, GOD'S WORD translation

2 comments:

Myra said...

Water--rain. It points to life. Thank you for posting your poem. Did you take this picture? We had so much rain yesterday here. It was flooding the yard and washing mulch into our back patio. I live near Orlando. What part of southern Calif. do you live in?
Thank you for your comment on the Bird of Paradise post.
Have a great Sunday!
---Myra

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks, Myra, for the comment. We formerly lived in Burbank and Glendale, California. Now we're in the Houston area. Los Angeles has better weather and better scenery. Houston has cheap housing and no earthquakes.

And yes, I take the photos here, though on average they're nowhere near as good as yours. (READERS: If you've never seen Myra's "Picture My Thoughts," you're missing a treat. Follow the link on the right side of my blog.)

The photos have almost all been with my cell phone. This one was the first I've posted that came from my new Nikon L18 pocket camera. To take the photo, I put my finger on the rainy window and focused on my finger, then moved my hand out of the way and clicked the shutter. Then I needed to crop the photo. I often use Picasa (rarely Photoshop Elements) to adjust contrast and such.