Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gossip

From Blog08


A shining pearl slips through my lips
But with it takes the dreadful snake.

It multiplies from ear to ear
And eats, like rust, all holy trust.

Whoever gossips gives away secrets, but whoever is trustworthy in spirit can keep a secret.
--Proverbs 11:13, GOD'S WORD version

Photo notes: I'm not sure what kind of eggs are in the photo. I came across them when moving a pile of bricks in our yard. Maybe they are from the slugs I saw. I also saw oriental cockroaches, toads, a tiny frog, a family of lizards, an earthworm and what appeared to be an albino cockroach, pure white. I was sorry to destroy most of their habitat, but needed to move the pile of bricks. (OK, I didn't mind destroying the habitat of the cockroaches, but felt sorry for most of the rest of them.)

No comments: