Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike's Coming My Way

Today, a personal note.

Until now, this summer's hurricanes have missed the Houston area, where I live. This time, it looks like we'll experience hurricane Ike. I live far enough inland so that there's only about a 20% probability that it will still be hurricane force once it hits here. There's about a 70% chance that we'll have tropical storm-sized winds here. Do pray for all those in Ike's path.

I hope to have a few posts pre-scheduled to appear over the next few days. I plan to post an update once the storm is past and power and internet are in service.

All is in the Lord's hands.

2 comments:

ElShaddai Edwards said...

Take care, Jim. My grandma lives down in Lake Jackson, by Freeport, and I suspect they're going to get nailed pretty hard. We're praying for you all.

Jim Swindle said...

May the Lord protect your grandmother and give her wisdom. It looks like that area will be hit very hard. I'll pray for her. Thanks for your prayers for all of those involved, especially for wisdom for the leaders plus mercy from the Lord.