Saturday, September 06, 2008

Stingy

From Blog08


The stingy soul will always be deprived
Of all that ever could be his one day,
And when at last he thinks he has arrived,
He'll then discover he has hell to pay.


Then he will say also to those on the left hand, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels;for I was hungry, and you didn't give me food to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink; I was a stranger, and you didn't take me in; naked, and you didn't clothe me; sick, and in prison, and you didn't visit me.'
"Then they will also answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and didn't help you?'
"Then he will answer them, saying, 'Most certainly I tell you, inasmuch as you didn't do it to one of the least of these, you didn't do it to me.' These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."


--Mat 25:41-46 WEB

NOTE: I think the leaf in the photo is a wonderful picture of what sin does to us. At first it seems to make us brighter. Then it leaves us dead and full of holes.

2 comments:

Rita L. Betti said...

I love the leaf picture. What a great metaphor, a reminder that all of creation groans awaiting for the sons of God to be revealed.

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks, Rita, for the comment and for your own poetry.