Friday, November 28, 2008

For Me

From Blog08


When you suffered on the tree,
Lord, you suffered there for me.
Holy flesh was pounded through
So that I could be made new.
Blood drops falling, one by one,
Paid for things that I have done.
All your bones were out of joint;
My redemption was the point.
You hung there in agony
So that you could set me free.
Oh, my guilt was not alone;
All the world was in each moan.
Still, in hanging on the tree,
Lord, you suffered there for me.

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
--1 Peter 2:24, ESV

Poem and photo ©2008 James L. Swindle

2 comments:

The Postman said...

The one thing He did
The one that surpasses all
When He died for me
From the Father, He was cut off;
A fellowship from eternity past
And one that remains for eternity ever
On that single moment
Cut off for you and me.
It was of this that He spoke
When He had prayed
"Father is there any other way!?
Yet not My will but Thine."
There when He bore my sin
There before a righteous and Holy God.
There the righteousness of God met
And the wrath of God satisfied
There on that gory spot
Where sin and death was dealt with
Even love and mercy unsurpassed met
There when He was cut off
Pierced for my sin
There my salvation flowed out
There I was grafted in.

I saw your post. Thank you.
Do visit http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/home_page.php Hope it encourages you.
God bless.

Jim Swindle said...

Thank you for your comment and for the fine poem. The first time I tried your church site, it didn't work for me. I tried again today and was blessed. I read the item on "My style of preaching." It was one of the finest short summaries I've ever read concerning preaching.