Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Mind

From Blog08


The demons want to own my mind
    and thus to own my soul.
They strongly want to make me blind
    to Christ who makes men whole.

The Savior comes to cleanse my mind,
    to make my thinking new--
Till some day by his grace you'll find
    it's stainless through and through.

Don't be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good, well-pleasing, and perfect will of God.
--Romans 12:2, WEB

"For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct him?" But we have Christ's mind.
--1 Corinthians 2:16, WEB

For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For the mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace; because the mind of the flesh is hostile towards God; for it is not subject to God's law, neither indeed can it be. Those who are in the flesh can't please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if it is so that the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if any man doesn't have the Spirit of Christ, he is not his.
--Romans 8:5-9, WEB

Note: I took the photo in a car at night while my wife was driving. Maybe we hit a bump. Anyway, I didn't get what I'd hoped to get (multiple airplanes in the sky), but I like what I got.

Much more important than the photo is the very real spiritual battle which often happens in the mind. Jesus sets us free. Temptation then becomes an opportunity to prove our swift obedience.

No comments: