Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Prayer for Holiness

From Blog08


Holiness today--
For this, LORD, I pray.
Selfishness conceding,
My desires receding,
Each new action showing
Purity that's growing.
For this, LORD, I pray:
Holiness today.

For I am the LORD your God. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy. You shall not defile yourselves....
--Leviticus 11:44 ESV

Poem and photo ©2008 James L. Swindle

NOTE: Why do I copyright most of these poems? Not to keep people from using them, but so that if a publisher chooses to publish them some day, the publisher may have more of an expectation of making a profit. At this moment, if you want to print up to 100 copies of one of my poems for non-profit use, just include the copyright notice and "Used by permission." If you want to make other use of them, ask me first. Thanks.

No comments: