Thursday, March 19, 2009

Weak Faith

From Blog09

My faith is weak. I don't know why--
But You I'll seek until I die.
You lead. You guide your sons along.
When we are weak, then you are strong.
So, if I'm weak, I will not care,
So long as you, My Lord, are there.


Then Jesus said to him, "'If You can?' Everything is possible to the one who believes."
Immediately the father of the boy cried out, "I do believe! Help my unbelief."

--Mark 9:23-24 ESV

NOTE: I wrote this awhile back, but it seems appropriate now. But I think I'm beginning to understand some of the reasons for the weakness of my faith. Every time I give in to superficial Christianity even for a moment, instead of living the real thing, that superficial Christianity saps my faith.

Poem and photo ©2009 James L. Swindle.
Non-profit printing of up to 100 copies is allowed, so far as the copyright notice is included.

No comments: