Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Beauty All Around

From Blog09


There's beauty hiding all around
For those with open eyes to see
The wonder of creation's plan,
The whispers of eternity.

There's glory in a grain of sand
And wonder in a waving weed.
God's signature is quickly found
In every dandelion seed.

Then God said, "Let the earth produce vegetation: plants bearing seeds, each according to its own type, and fruit trees bearing fruit with seeds, each according to its own type." And so it was. The earth produced vegetation: plants bearing seeds, each according to its own type, and trees bearing fruit with seeds, each according to its own type. God saw that they were good.
--Genesis 1:11-12, GW

Note: I took this photo while on a mid-day walk in December. To get the photo, I had to lie down on the ground. The wetness from the grass soaked through my pants and my jacket and my shirt, but it was worth it.

2 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Yours is a good eye for visual beauty, my brother, and the poem is good too!

Jim Swindle said...

I learned from my mother to treasure everyday beauty. She could see the beauty in a toad or an earthworm. Her mother could marvel at the beauty of a piece of chocolate or a cloth or a vegetable from the garden. She's been dead for decades, but I can still hear Grandma saying, "Now look at that! Isn't that a beautiful ____."

Our creator blessed us by putting beauty all around us.