Friday, January 23, 2009

If the Devil Spoke Honestly

From Blog09


I envy those who have no envy,
Resent those who never resent,
Am angry at those who can control their tempers,
And hate those who are full of love.

My highest value is myself,
My best blessing is a curse,
And my biggest accomplishment is destruction.

My glory is a stolen light,
My wisdom has a foolish twist,
My tender mercies torture,
My joy is causing pain.

I speak to deafen,
Breathe to extinguish,
And live to kill.

Come into my world
And see my wonders there.

Be sober! Be on the alert! Your adversary the Devil is prowling around like a roaring lion, looking for anyone he can devour. Resist him, firm in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are being experienced by your brothers in the world.
--1 Peter 5:8-9 HCSB

This is how God's children--and the Devil's children--are made evident. Whoever does not do what is right is not of God, especially the one who does not love his brother.
--1 John 3:10 HCSB

No comments: