Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Sickness

From Blog09


On Monday I stayed home with a cold; worked remotely for 4 hours. Then I ate. By that time, I was having chills. I found our very old thermometer. My fever went up to over 102 F (about 39.1 C). I tried everything we could think of: cool, damp cloths, medicine, a cool shower. I concluded that whatever happened, I was in the Lord's control. The fever went down some. By 5 PM I could sleep. Now it's 1 AM, and I'm feeling much better. Not well, but much better.

What have I learned or re-learned from this?

***Each day is a gift from the Lord.
***Life and health are fragile in the sense that they can end quickly.
***When sick, it's a real help to have family around.
***Health is a gift that we don't fully appreciate until it's missing for awhile.

Your eyes saw me when I was formless; all my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began.
--Psalm 139:16 HCSB

2 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, brother. I know that I get so spoiled by my usual good health, that when it occasionally fails me, I almost can't stand living another moment… but I always do!

Remembering you tonight to the Father.

Jim Swindle said...

Thank you, thank you, my brother. I'm feeling much better today (Wednesday the 7th) and plan to go to work.