Friday, February 06, 2009

Clothed in White

From Blog09


Clothed in white
Pure--radiant, bright
We shall stand
At His right hand
Full of praise--
His glorious ways!
Awed to own
This view of throne
Radiant bright
And Him Who's light.


Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy.
The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.

--Revelation 3:4-5 ESV

My friends, remember that not everyone who claims to be a Christian receives these blessings. Live before him in purity--not by your own power, but by the power of his Holy Spirit. Confess your sins, turn from them, receive forgiveness, and go in his name. Your purity will stand out from the world around you, just as the egret's white plumage stands out.

No comments: