Monday, February 23, 2009

Creation's Witness

From Blog09

If he guides the insects that die in a day,
My Lord then can guide every step of my way.
If he hung the stars and the planets in space,
He's wise beyond measure, beyond all I face.
If he made the fish and the whales in the sea,
Then he is much bigger than troubles I see.
If he keeps both atoms and planets a-whirl,
Then nothing's too big or to small for his world.

He who made the Pleiades and Orion, and turns deep darkness into the morning and darkens the day into night, who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out on the surface of the earth, the LORD is his name....
--Amos 5:8, ESV


Note: In our area, we have lots of these insects at this time of year. They look like mosquitoes, but much larger. They do not bite. I think they're called crane flies.


Poem and photo ©2009 James L. Swindle

3 comments:

The Postman said...

Great to see that you are interpretting the unwritten word. All that God has made.

He who gave us His only Son
Wont He with HIM give us ALL THINGS

Jesus said My father and your Father.

O' what an amazing good news!!

The Postman said...

I had to add this one more thought which I had come across

He who stops the oceans by grains of sand,
Yes He is the one we call Abba, Father

Jim Swindle said...

Thank you, my brother, for encouragement.