Friday, March 06, 2009

Prayer When Discouraged

From Blog09

Lord, I'm empty tonight--
A vessel you've chosen,
But feeling alone, blue, cracked.
Thank you for understanding
And for having plans
Beyond what I can see when I'm discouraged.

Thank you that every one of your promises
Is just as true tonight
As it was on those bright sunny mornings
When all seemed perfect.

Thank you that in your presence
Is fullness of joy;
At your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Keep me, Lord, from grabbing
This world's empty pleasures.
I trust your word.
I hope in you.

Glory to your Name!

To you, LORD, I call. My rock, don't be deaf to me;
    lest, if you are silent to me,
    I would become like those who go down into the pit.
Hear the voice of my petitions, when I cry to you,
    when I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place.

--Psalm 28:1-2

Poem and photo ©2009 James L. Swindle

No comments: