Monday, April 27, 2009

Lonesome

From Blog09


Father in Heaven, I often get lonesome for you,
Lonesome for times of pure worship in your presence.
      I long to praise you,
            To serve you,
                  To announce your goodness,
                        To sense your presence,
                              To hear from you
                                    And--amazingly--to be heard by you.

Such a longing is a sign
      Of your presence in me,
      Of your Spirit placing that hunger in me.

Yet I'd never--or hardly ever--
      Thought of your hunger for me,
      That you get lonely for me
      As I do for you.

Oh, your completeness is not limited
      By the incompleteness of my devotion to you.
You're just as complete at the times when I ignore you.
But you rejoice and celebrate
      When I turn to you with all my heart,
      Which is yours.
You dance and sing over me--
Not because of something good I can
Do for you,
But just because you choose to do so.

I don't comprehend it,
But thank you.


The LORD your God is with you. He is a hero who saves you. He happily rejoices over you, renews you with his love, and celebrates over you with shouts of joy.
--Zephaniah 3:17, God's Word translation

3 comments:

Amy Joy said...

Thank you! Your words resonante deeply with my heart. Our God is using you to inspire me to write more. Blessings...

Jim Swindle said...

Amy Joy, I'm glad the Lord touched you through what I wrote. Since the Lord seems to be prompting you to write more, do that. Write for him, first of all.

If you post something, let me know.

ambersun said...

Hi again

Loved this - God delights in us but does not need us. On the contrary, we need Him and, therefore, should delight in Him.

God Bless

Amber