This past Sunday morning I was on a trip, but today I listened to our pastor's message on CD. He was speaking about Jesus and the miraculous catch of fish in John 21:1-14. Read the passage.
He sees it as a set of events that were symbolic of how we do ministry in the age of the resurrected Christ:
1. We can accomplish nothing without Christ.
2. With Christ, we can see amazing results. We can see those results even when Jesus is not physically present in the boat with us.
3. Jesus is known by his deeds.
4. Christ doesn't need our work. He graciously allows us to participate in the work. He already had fish on a fire.
5. We don't feed him. He feeds us.
That set me to thinking about this blog. Do I write for his glory, or for my own? By his power, or by my own? Too often, I've wanted my own glory, not his. Why do you do what you do? By what power? Your own, or that of Jesus?
Father, forgive us. May YOUR kingdom come. May YOUR will be done.