Friday, April 03, 2009

A Misty Fog

From Blog09


A misty fog appears
  and details disappear
       but are still there
  beyond the fog.

A fog of troubles may appear--
  hope almost disappear.
     Is hope still there
  beyond the fog?

What strength do I have that I should continue to hope?
What is my future, that I should be patient?

--Job 6:11 HCSB

For the oppressed will not always be forgotten;
the hope of the afflicted will not perish forever.

--Psalm 9:8 HCSB

May Your faithful love rest on us, LORD, for we put our hope in You.
--Psalm 33:22, HCSB


Poem and photo ©2009 James L. Swindle.

5 comments:

bentonflocke said...

what a mystic shot! Thanks for visiting my blog! You are welcome!

Mari said...

Jim, thanks for stopping by my blog. I like the way you combine your poetry and photo's. I liked your post on Easter too - well spoken~!

Jim Swindle said...

Thank you, both, for the encouragement.

Kim Coreson said...

Yes, beautiful photo. Haunting question: is there still hope beyond the fog? Sometimes we get to a place where we wonder just that. Thanks for your dedication to your site. It's uplifting!

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks, Kim. It's good to hear from you again. Best wishes in your move and everything.