Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Satan's Like a Roaring Lion

From Blog09


Satan's like a roaring lion
Looking for his daily prey.
Year by year he keeps on trying
To consume men day by day.

If you think you're far too clever
For that devil to defeat,
Then you've shown that you have never
Seen the truth. You're Devil's meat.

Jesus is your only hope, friend.
Trust his power. He will give
Armor--keep your eyes fresh opened,
Keep you safe--so you will live.

Be sober! Be on the alert! Your adversary the Devil is prowling around like a roaring lion, looking for anyone he can devour.
--1 Peter 5:8, HCSB

The photo is just a house cat, but that cat has killed and eaten unwary birds. Just as a small bird must beware of the cat, so we must beware of the devil.

Poem and photo ©2009 James L. Swindle
Non-profit printing of up to 100 copies is permitted, with this notice.

5 comments:

ambersun said...

Great poem and so true.

We are so vulnerable on our own. I know I am so weak without Jesus.

God Bless

Amber

Jim Swindle said...

Not just you. All of us. Since you know you're weak, you're not as weak as those who don't know that they are totally vulnerable apart from the grace of Jesus.

ambersun said...

I guess that's true.

Like in the song 'May the weak say I am strong' etc.

Thank God for Jesus.

God Bless

Amber

Elaine said...

Jim, I really enjoyed this. We can NEVER underestimate the devil and just how far he's prepared to go.
I wrote a poem today on Luke 4...The Devil vs Jesus. I'd love to know what you think.
I'm going to be busy reading your archives for quite some time I think.

Jim Swindle said...

Elaine, you're right. And your poems are very good. I'm going to add your blog to the sidebar on mine.