Sunday, May 10, 2009

In My Place

From Blog09

Pierced by nails and thorns,
Whipped, abused and scorned,
Bearing in himself my sin,
Jesus hung despised, condemned.

Now I rise to make
Music for his sake..
Free from guilt, from gnawing shame--
Holy now, I praise his name.


He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that, having died to sins, we might live for righteousness; by His wounding you have been healed.

--1 Peter 2:24, HCSB
From Blog09


Poem and photos ©2009 James L. Swindle.
You may print up to 100 copies for non-profit use, so long as you include this notice.

2 comments:

ambersun said...

Another lovely poem.

I wish I could 'feel' free from guilt and shame.

God Bless

Amber

Jim Swindle said...

Amber, I pray that you will.

I hope to do a post on this topic soon. Meanwhile, the short-short summary of what I'll say in it: Trust the Lord as fully as you know how and use the means he's provided for Christian life.