Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rescued

From Blog09

I drifted down a haze of days,
A maze of ever-twisting ways,
Until the Spirit showed my sin,
The evil living death with
My slyly stubborn, rocky heart.
He came clear in and filled each part;
He knew and blew and drew me to
The Lamb, I Am, the Savior who
Redeemed, deep-cleaned me through and through.

Give glory, honor! Stand and gaze
At Him, the Ancient One of Days
At Him, Who deigned thus by his grace
To wash a wretch, to shine my face.

And you were dead in the trespasses and sins...
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved--and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus...

--Ephesians 2:1,4-6, ESV

No comments: