Monday, May 18, 2009

Transplant

From Blog09


Chris Jackson and Kevin Niemeyer, who are my friends and fellow-believers, are in the hospital. On Tuesday morning, May 19, 2009, Chris (a young man of 12) is to receive a kidney transplanted from Kevin (a husband and father who's probably in his 30's). Join me in praying for these two. Thank God that the doctors say Kevin is a very good match, as good as a sibling is usually. Thank him also for the doctors and other medical personnel, and pray for the Lord's work in and through them.
By some mystic medic arts
Living kidneys, moving parts...
Precious gift beyond all wealth:
Kevin may give life and health.

Father, hear our simple prayer:
Wrap them in your loving care.
Doctor-skill alone's not much.
Give them, please, your healing touch.

Every day of my life was recorded in your book
    before one of them had taken place.
How precious are your thoughts concerning me, O God!
    How vast in number they are!

--Psalm 139:16b-17, GOD'S WORD translation

1 comment:

ambersun said...

Will pray for them.

Also I've got a new house - see my blog for details.

Amber