Saturday, May 30, 2009

Underneath Me

From Blog09

Underneath me, all around me,
All your mercies, Lord, astound me.
They are now the place, the nation
Where I live in your salvation.

Whether I'm awake or sleeping,
I am here within your keeping.
Since you guard me in life's struggle,
I will nestle, I will snuggle.

Then, because you strength and send me,
I will go, and you'll defend me.
Men may hate, may kill, defame,
But I am living in your Name.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
--John 10:27-29, ESV

Poem and photo ©2009 James L. Swindle. You may print up to 100 copies for non-profit use, with this notice.

No comments: