Saturday, July 18, 2009

More Than All

From Blog09


Here's a song for the Lord's Day.

More than all my needs,
More than all my tears,
More than all my griefs,
More than all my fears...

You, Lord, are strong.
You, Lord, are wise.
You, Lord, are good,
My only prize.

Not just for today,
Nor this week nor year;
Not just until death;
Eternally.

Surpassing time
And all I've seen
And all I've dreamed.
Lord, I praise you.

Blessed be the God and Father
of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who has blessed us in Christ
with every spiritual blessing
in the heavenly places...

--Ephesians 1:3, ESV

Poem and photo ©2009 James L. Swindle. You may print up to 100 copies so long as you include this notice and don't sell them.

5 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Wow! Another great poem, brother! Thanks for the inspiration, and glory to God!

Jim Swindle said...

Thank you, my brother, and praise be to the Lord.

I read almost every word of every new post on your own blog, even though I don't always comment.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

I know you do, brother, and I'm humbled. There isn't often much to comment on there. But when you do comment, it's always something positive, which I appreciate.

The Postman said...

Yes truly John 17:3, knowing our Father is what liberates us.
It is in knowing HIM that our Faith is strengthened.
It is in knowing HIM that we find easy to believe and receive all His promises.
It is knowing that He is in control that helps us to cast all our fears and pour out ourselves in season and out of season, without being sidetracked by valid concerns.

Why then is not so with me?
Is mine just head knowledge?
Am I not Baprtized in the Holy Spirit?
Why is there a struggle in the obedience of Faith?

Rom 7:23-25 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 7 - verse by verse by Zac Poonen

Jim Swindle said...

Thank you, brother Postman, for the truth-filled comment.