Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Prayer of Repentance

From Blog09


Father,

Do I love my sin more than I hate it?  
Do I love my sin more than I love you?  
Have mercy!  
Grant me deeper, truer repentance.  
Grant me higher, more faithful love for you.  
I confess that my willpower is not enough.  
Change my heart.  
Enable me to fix my eyes and my whole heart  
      On heavenly things.  
May I obey you in the very small things,  
So that I'll obey you in the big things.  
By your grace and your promises and your Spirit,  
      I know it's possible.  
Don't let me settle for less,  
Because that would dishonor you.  
Glorify yourself by transforming me  
More completely,  
Whatever the cost to me--  
For you've already paid the ultimate price  
In Jesus.  
                              Amen.

He [Jesus] is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
--Acts 5:31 NASB

No comments: