Thursday, March 04, 2010

Fellowship of Prayer

From Blog10


I posted this as a comment to David Dickens' poem "O Eye!" You may want to read his poem first, although this one will also stand alone.

So many people, with Christ’s name,
So resistant to a praying word
Maybe fearing finding truth
Maybe feeling “I’m not good”
Maybe never having known the joy
When two or three become much more
As God himself arrives among them

For where two or three are gathered in my name,
there am I among them.

--Jesus, in Matthew 18:20

2 comments:

nothinghypothetical said...

A fine poem it is! I was honored that you commented with it on my blog.

I wonder if poets have ever answered back and forth with poems inspired by one another for any extended exchange. Could be a fun experiment sometime.

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks, David. As for an extended exchange, I suppose that's up to the Lord, whether he'd continue to give each person something to say that was worth saying and related.