Sunday, April 11, 2010

In the Beginning

From Blog10


Before the countless worlds
Were ever yet unfurled,
Before the universe,
The Word was.

The Word was there with God--
There was no other "where"--
The Word was there with God
And was God.

So strangely Two yet one,
So strangely One yet Two,
And with the Spirit Three
And yet One.

Beyond all evidence,
Beyond our highest sense,
In burning innocence,
The Word was.

In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
--John 1:1

5 comments:

nothinghypothetical said...

Thank you, a special one today. A good gift before I go to bed.

Jim Swindle said...

I'm humbled. When the Lord uses something any one of us does, it's wonderful.

Shashi said...

Its so beautiful.. I liked it so much.. Thanks for sharing...

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

Jingle said...

your entry tickles me...
super cute poetry.
Thanks for sharing it with potluck week 12.
u r divine!
xxx

Jim Swindle said...

Shashi, thanks for stopping by. I'm glad it spoke to you.
Jingle, I didn't mean to tickle, but an author never knows precisely how his or her words will be received. And no, I'm far from divine, but know One who is. THANKS for the opportunity to share the poem.