Friday, April 02, 2010

The Lord's Supper

From Blog10


Blood of Lamb, poured out for us,
Shed upon a rough-hewn cross--
Price of sin, now cleansing us,
Purifying at great cost--

Bread of life, that broke for us,
Pierced upon a cross of wood--
Food for spirit, fresh for us:
Eat and live, friend, if you would.

Simple bread and simple wine,
Common as the rising sun--
But we meet here the divine:
Blood and body of God's Son.

Come with rev'rence; come with awe,
Share with others whom you know--
Free at last from sin and law!
Drink and live, then humbly go.


And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me." And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood."

                --Luke 22:19-20

3 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Excellent poem, brother!
I thank God for you.
You bless me.

Christ is risen!
I great you in the resurrection: Rejoice!

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Funny, typing in the dark of night sometimes turns greet into great, but just the same, Rejoice!

Jim Swindle said...

Thank you, my brother...and may the Lord give you great joy in celebrating the resurrection...or should I say, η αναστασις.

A greeting from you nearly always brings me joy.