Monday, June 28, 2010

The Pearl

From Blog10


I found the priceless pearl,
So vast and perfect, bright--
The finest in the world,
It radiated light.

I liquidated all--
It seemed an easy thing--
To answer its sweet call,
To hear this rare pearl sing.

I bought it as my own
And brought it home with me.
Since then, my home has known
Such light! Come in and see!

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.
--Matthew 13:45-46

If your sort of Christianity hasn't cost you everything,
then it probably isn't worth anything.
On the other hand, if your Christianity is something you earned yourself,
Then you don't need Jesus, and you aren't really a Christian.

2 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Excellent poem, and true postscript. I am going to lure anyone who visits my blog over here to read this poem, by quoting not the poem but the postscript, which itself stands as a memorable saying.

Jim Swindle said...

Thank you, brother.