Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Prayer When Stressed

From Blog10


Lord, I'm feeling
    uneasy,
        worn out,
            far from you.
Yet, in a sense, that matters very little.
What matters? Your promises,
    your faithfulness,
        your gracious power
    and my trust,
        my obedience.
I can do nothing without you.
My plans can sound great,
    but result in nothing of value
        to you or your people.
Forgive me for trusting in my plans,
For believing in my own cleverness,
For thinking fruitfulness and fulfillment
    were in a method
        instead of in a person: You.
Open my ears to hear your ways for me.
Steel my will to obey you.
Purify and renew my mind to serve you.
Yours, yours are the kingdom,
    the power,
        and the glory forever.
Amen.

"Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!"

--Psalm 46:10, ESV

4 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Amín! Ameyn! Amen!

Excellent poem! Bravo! Axios!

Now that I've got all the shouts out of me, I quietly say, this is a great poem. You have written well and true, beloved friend, well and true.

Christ has blessed us through your words!
Thank you.

Jim Swindle said...

I greatly appreciate your enthusiastic words, but really, what I need is prayers that I'll live by the Spirit. I think it was D.L. Moody who said, "I'm a leaky vessel. I need to stay under the tap."

May the Lord grant you and other readers and me growth in faith and in obedience.

Kim Coreson said...

God bless you as you walk through this. I read a good devotional today that said something like "let's just take this next step together, you and I. Then we'll take the next one... always together."

I don't write much on my blog since facebook came along and all my kids left home. We keep in touch there, but it's not as personal as blogging.

Hope all is well with you my friend. I will pray for your strength.

Jim Swindle said...

Thank you, Kim, for the encouragement. My prayer for you is that you'll know the Lord fully and grow in him, walking in purity and in wisdom.