Friday, August 27, 2010

The Payment

From Blog10

Lord, if I weep
And stern fasts keep
And say my prayer
Before I sleep,
I still can't pay
The price--too steep!--
That me will keep
From hellfire deep.

And if in praise
[With joyous phrase]
My hands I raise
To where you blaze
In ageless days,
This all still pays
For naught of days
I set my gaze
To spurn your ways.

You paid it all--
Sins large and small--
On cross so tall
Beneath a pall
Midst mockers' call
When wrath did fall
With bitter gall--
One death for all.

Then on third day
You rose to say
You broke death's sway--
And now we may
Go free and stay
Within your way--
No more to pay--
Through endless day.

We have been set apart as holy because Jesus Christ did what God wanted him to do by sacrificing his body once and for all.
--Hebrews 10:10, GOD'S WORD translation

No comments: