Thursday, October 07, 2010

I Don't Know How the Father's Love

From Blog10

I don't know how the Father's love
   Can reach right past my sin
To cleanse me, make me fresh and new,
   Remade, outside and in.

But I know Jesus died for me,
   The purest for the worst,
And by his grace I plainly see
   He's broken Satan's curse.

I don't know how the living God
   Sustains me hour by hour
Nor how mere faith in Jesus Christ
   Brings righteousness and power,

But I know Jesus lives in me.
   His Spirit courses through
To make me what I ought to be--
   Amazed and holy, new.

Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!
--2 Corinthians 13:5 ESV

Poem and photo ©2010 James L. Swindle. Non-commercial printing of up to 100 copies is permitted, with the copyright notice.

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice verse jim...nothing better...smiles.

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks, Brian.

Jingle said...

wow,
your poetry rocks.

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks, Jingle. To be honest, I don't remember writing this one. I found it in some papers of mine from a year or two or three ago, and think it's original.