Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The End of Man

From Blog10

My friends, to bring sad news
Is not a joy to me, but you must know
That while we were not looking,
While we were busy with our work and play,
Our worship and our cooking,
Mankind died.
Every prince and princess,
Every common workman,
Every seamstress, every cleaning lady,
Every policeman, every temptress...
Man himself has disappeared
Into ungendered oblivion.
Is there still time to wake the dead,
To call for manly deeds made civil
By the application of a woman's grace?
Is there still time to call on God the Father
To restore our manliness or femininity?
By God's grace, it must be so.
He does the things impossible
And made a perfect woman
From manly Adam's rib.

So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

--Genesis 1:27

6 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Jim Swindle said...

Steve, thanks for the invitation, but since your blog seems to exist mostly for the purpose of promoting the peculiar (and wrong) ideas of your sect, I won't be following it.

covnitkepr1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
covnitkepr1 said...

Good spiritual blog you have here. I liked your poem you wrote while taking a walk. Tis true...we can't buy Christmas.

You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower. If you put a "follow widget" on this site...I will gladly follow you as well.

Jim Swindle said...

covnitkepr1, welcome. I officially follow only a couple of blogs. I welcome you as a brother. I see that your theology is similar to Steve's, but the spirit of your blog seems much better, more focused on knowing and following the Lord. Keep growing in him...and pray that I will do the same.

Lloyd said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd