Sunday, January 23, 2011

Prayer for Renewal

From Blog11

Father, when our eyes grow dim,
Filled with cobwebs of our past,
Hardly ever seeing Him
Who's the First, the Best, the Last,

Clear the clutter from our shelves.
Scrape away the filth, the rust.
Re-arrange our very selves.
Vacuum out the piles of dust.

Shine your light upon our souls.
Wash away the years of grime.
Make your dirty servants whole
So we will redeem the time.

Fill our shelves with just one Book.
Make us busy in what's right,
So the passing world will look
And see Your own holy light.

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
--John 8:12

Poem and photo ©2011 James L. Swindle. You may print up to 100 copies for non-commercial use, so long as you don't modify it and you include the copyright notice.

10 comments:

versical said...

Hi Jim, I like this poem a lot. It is simple to read but full of truth. God Bless, Mike. PS The website you have for me no longer exists and has been replaced with Versicals Weblog at http://versical.wordpress.com/

Jingle said...

sincere and sweet piece. well done.

Jingle said...

Greetings, Happy Sunday! Blessings…

Friendship Awards, Enjoy!
Thanks for the support, You Rock!
xxx

Jim Swindle said...

Mike, thanks. I've fixed the link.
Jingle, thanks for stopping by.

dfish said...

Nice poem. Thanks.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

"Fill our shelves with just one Book."

Amen! and a good poem, too!

Jim Swindle said...

dfish and Romanós, I'm honored by your presence here.

Judi said...

Beautiful poem. I'm a "senior citizen" and it really spoke to me. Thank you.

Jim Swindle said...

Judi, welcome. I hadn't thought about this poem from a specifically senior-citizen perspective (though I qualify myself). After looking at the poem that way, I like it better.

I looked at your blog. I enjoy your art.

chelsea said...

Such a beautiful poem! Very inspiring.


SQL Server 2008 | Seattle Homes