Sunday, January 02, 2011

Prayer for Revival

From Blog10

Lord Jesus,
You did many miracles;
Signs beyond my full comprehension.
You've also blessed me with daily graces.
Do another miracle today:
Set my lukewarm heart fully aflame for you.
Burn through my pride and my hypocrisy.
Burn through my routine and my complacency
Until the pure oil of your Spirit
Burns clean and clear...
Until your light shines brightly in and through me,
That people who encounter me
May glorify you.

Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory,
for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!

--Psalm 115:1 ESV

Note: Our camellia bush started blooming in early November this year (see photo) and has kept at it longer than usual. It's almost done for the year. We thank the Lord for such small mercies, as well as for the huge ones.

2 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

A good poem, and one of my favorite psalm verses...

Not by us, Yahweh, not by us, by You alone is glory deserved!
(Psalm 115:1 Jerusalem Bible)

Jim Swindle said...

Romanós, yes, the Lord deserves all the glory.