Thursday, January 27, 2011

Signs of Winter



The signs of winter will not wait--
The leaden clouds that hang in gloom,
The chill that blows right through the room,
The frost upon the garden gate--

But in my soul? A different thing.
I find its weather's not from here.
It's from another hemisphere.
Yes, deep within my soul it's spring.

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.
--Philippians 4:4 ESV

My thanks to Magpie Tales for the image. For other people's wintry thoughts, follow the link.
This particular original poem is public domain.

12 comments:

kathew said...

what thoughtful words written with such depth.

Lynn Hamilton Rutherford said...

Beautiful .... and I love the Bible passage!!!

dfish said...

Nice poem. Good choice of verse to go with it.

Tess Kincaid said...

This is really beautiful, Jim.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Nice flow, with the sparkle of faith...

chelsea said...

Beautiful! Inspiring...


SQL Server 2008 | Seattle Homes

Jim Swindle said...

My thanks to each of you for the encouragement. As always, any credit goes to the Lord, not to me.

Elaine said...

I love the ab/ba pattern to the rhyme. From one who live in the "Great White North" aka Canada (currently -15) I LOVE the winter...the time, when under a blanket of white, Gods creation sleeps!

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks, Elaine. Here (Houston area) the roses are still blooming. Today I plan to prune the fig tree...an annual, pleasant winter chore.

But I remember beautiful winter moments from when I lived elsewhere.

gautami tripathy said...

Awesome poem..


zeroing into the arrow

Jinksy said...

Yes, deep within my soul it's spring.

A golden place to be...

Jim Swindle said...

Gautami Tripathy, thanks.
Jinksy, yes, freshness is wonderful.

Happiness can come in many ways, but there's a unique joy that comes with knowing God the Father through Jesus.