Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ancient Paths

From Blog11

Ancient paths call me home.
I'll no more rébel roam.
I have tried grown-up sin:
Walls of death boxed me in.
I'll return to the Truth,
To the God of my youth.

I can't earn life at all,
But I come since You call.
Circumcise my dull ears.
Make me now one who hears.
Lord, avert your great wrath.
Set me on Jesus' path.

Behold, their ears are uncircumcised,
      they cannot listen...

                  --from Jeremiah 6:10

Thus says the LORD:
      “Stand by the roads, and look,
            and ask for the ancient paths,
      where the good way is; and walk in it,
            and find rest for your souls.
      But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’

                  --Jeremiah 6:16 ESV

5 comments:

dfish said...

Great poem, that needs to be a regular prayer.

Kianna said...

This poem is absolutely amazing. It made me reflect on my life a lot. I love your post keep them coming

Jim Swindle said...

dfish and Kianna, I'm glad the poem spoke to you. Anything good here is from the Lord's grace.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Nice poem, and the second quote from prophet Jeremiah one of my favorites.

Thank you, brother.

Jim Swindle said...

Romanós, thank you.