Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Weapons



I have weapons you know nothing of,
Weapons far beyond mere polished swords.
And my shield? It's stronger far than steel.
As I use it, it gets stronger still.
Yet the most amazing, awesome thing
Is that these aren't really mine at all.
God provides the weapons for his war,
Weapons that exceed the devil's power.
I don't fight against mere flesh and blood.
Thus, my shield's mere faith in Jesus Christ;
My strong sword's the very word of God.


For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. --2 Corinthians 10:4

Image courtesy Magpie Tales. Click the link for other people's thoughts on weaponry.

13 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

A beautiful description of your faith, Jim.

Kathe W. said...

Great post of faith!

Christine said...

Imagine a world that used this kind of shield.

dfish said...

Great post. Too bad so many are trying to build copies of God's weapons, instead of accepting the ones God has provided.

LKHarris-Kolp said...

A beautiful testiment of your faith... and I totally agree!

~laurie

Vinay said...

faith is very powerful.. admirable!

Here's My Magpie

Elaine said...

Truth is a powerful sword Jim. Well done!

Helen said...

I agree with the others ... you describe your faith with lovely words and deep conviction.

Carrie Burtt said...

So true Jim....you have such a wonderful faith....what a blessing!
:-)

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks, each one, for encouragement.
Christine, yes, but the world as a whole will never use these weapons.
dfish, yes.
Carrie Burtt, it's not so much a matter of me having faith, as of the Lord having me.

Brian Miller said...

smiles...i imagine the enemy quaking in his boots...smiles.

Southwest Arkie said...

Sword of the spirit, shield of faith. Nice post.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

I too have to add my "Amín!" and "Bravo!"

A concise, poetic statement of faith.