Thursday, March 10, 2011

Vine and Fig - New Season

From Blog11

You may wonder why this blog is called "Vine and Fig." Besides the fact that every blog needs a name, it's an allusion to the Bible's various mentions of them, especially
but they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree,
and no one shall make them afraid,
for the mouth of the LORD of hosts has spoken.
(Micah 4:4 ESV)

That verse speaks of the restoration of the Lord's people during his coming kingdom. There are also references that speak of the devastation that comes when the people sin.
It has laid waste my vine
and splintered my fig tree;
it has stripped off their bark and thrown it down;
their branches are made white.
(Joel 1:7 ESV)

I enjoy plants. There's a fig tree in my yard, and this is the season when new leaves and new little figs appear.
From Blog11

This year I also planted a couple of grape vines. They don't even come up to my knees, but maybe there will be deep purple grapes one day.
From Blog11

No comments: