Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dead, Buried, Resurrected

From Blog11


And God abandoned God that day,
And God looked up and cried.
And God abandoned God that day,
And God called out and died.

And God lay in the tomb that day,
And God was in the sky,
And God was cold and dead that day,
And God still lived on high.

And God lay dead 'til the third day,
And God for God did wait,
And God gave God new life that day,
And God rose, never late.

So the Jews said to him, “What sign do you show us for doing these things?”
Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
The Jews then said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will you raise it up in three days?” But he was speaking about the temple of his body. When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.

(John 2:18-22 ESV)

3 comments:

Elaine said...

"And God abandoned God that day"...what a profound thought. This is one of my favourite of yours Jim. This is very very well written indeed. Have a blessed Easter.

(btw check my bog for my Easter poem)

Jim Swindle said...

Thanks, Elaine. The poem's based on four lines of a poem by Chad Walsh. I think I directly quoted only one of them, the second line of my poem.

Your Easter poem's very creative.

dfish said...

I like it.