Sunday, April 03, 2011

Washing Hearts

From Blog11


Deepest pools of wickedness
Sit within the human heart.
We may paper over them
And pretend they are not there,
But they still may bubble up,
Spilling filth on all around.

Only Jesus Christ, the Lord,
Empties out those toxic pools
And replaces them--makes new pools
Of bubbling purest water.

On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
--John 7:37-39 ESV

4 comments:

XOXO Dr. Kay Elizabeth said...

HI come and read my blog. I need as many readers and followers as possible to receive the help I need. Thank you. :) And feel free to pass my information on to anyone that you think may be able to help or willing to do so. Again thank you. :) medschooldream.blogspot.com

dfish said...

Another good poem. To often we try to make the changes in our own power.

Myra said...

I wrote about sin tonight before I saw your poem. Sin can seem to pop up so fast.

About the two men at my church---I can't help but smile anytime I see the former gang member praising God. I really do just smile, right there in the service to witness God's amazing love and forgiveness in the life of another. It's wonderful!

Jim Swindle said...

Dr. Kay Elizabeth, thanks for stopping by.
dfish, yes, I can't change on my own.
Myra, I hope more people read your fine blog.